After going through my stash of seeds this morning, I have far more seeds than I can hope to grow next year. Inspired by Beryl’s excellent ‘Seeds for Samaritans’ last year, I’d like to offer out some of these seeds in return for a donation to Thrive. Thrive is a UK based charity which aims to transform peoples lives through the use of social and therapeutic horticulture. They do some fantastic work all around the country and are well worth supporting.
Most of the varieties on offer are on the more unusual side and the seeds have been saved by myself in the past year. So, for each variety here are the number of seeds per packet and number of packets available:
Pumpkin – Winter Luxury Pie (5 Seeds per Packet / 2 Packets)
Winter Squash – Dishpan Cushaw (5 Seeds per Packet / All Gone!)
Courgette – Tondo di Piacenza (5 Seeds per Packet / All Gone!)
Courgette – Striato di Napoli (4 Seeds per Packet / All Gone!)
Achocha – Fat Baby (6 Seeds per Packet / 3 Packets)
Tomatillo – Green (5 Seeds per Packet / 3 Packets)
Sweetcorn – Special Swiss (8 Seeds per Packet / 1 Packet)
Cherry Tomato – Galina (5 Seeds per Packet / All Gone!)
Pepper – King of the North (5 Seeds per Packet / All Gone!)
Drying Bean – Hutterite Soup (8 Seeds per Packet / All Gone!)
Drying Bean – Ojo de Tigre (8 Seeds per Packet / All Gone!)
Drying Bean – Hidatsa Red (8 Seeds per Packet / All Gone!)
If you want to take part, then here’s what you need to do:
- Leave a comment on this post with which seeds you would like, up to a maximum of three packets per person and no more than one of each variety per person.
- Seeds will be allocated on a first come, first served basis and can only be requested through comments.
- I will then confirm that the requested seeds are still available and contact you for a postal address. Seeds will be sent out 2nd class to UK residents only and I will cover all the costs of postage.
- Once you have received the seeds, I’d be grateful if you made a donation to Thrive which can be done through their online donations page. It’s entirely up to you how much you choose to donate.
- I don’t need any proof that you have donated, I’m just going to trust that this giveaway won’t be taken advantage of.
- All of the seed is in good condition and the self saved seed should be true but I can’t provide any guarantees of germination.
Please get in touch if anything is not clear or you have any questions. It’s exciting to share some of my favourite varieties with you and hopefully raise some money for a worthy cause at the same time.